Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wednesday

Tink was funny this morning - quickly running past me whenever I strayed too close or when she noticed that she happened to be near me. I think she may have forgotten I'd already given her her shot - possibly because she wasn't properly awake at the time ... which is probably why I had snuck up on her! Mind you, she's not too bad most of the time ... just every so often she decides that she doesn't want to and then she'll do things like putting herself under the table, or behind the lounge, or the television. If this happens, I leave her be, and then, nonchalantly go to open the door (needle at the ready) so when she comes over to escape, we can do the doings. It can't be easy for her being a diabetic, but I think she's doing very well ... and now that we've got her on "4 and a smidge" that will hopefully do the trick so we don't have to bundle her off to the vets for checking either weekly or fortnightly. I'm still a little embarrassed that she came with her own roll cage the other day ... but that's a whole 'nother story.

A steady rain continued to fall over Latimers today - and is supposed to be with us until Saturday at least. Hopefully the ground will dry very quickly after that so I can do take ROM out again. It would also be good if it was fine (together with cool and slightly overcast) because I want to drag S off to the new attraction at one of the Worlds (SeaWorld?) ... Dinosaur Island! I don't think they are real dinosaurs but I don't think they are statues either ... I'm hoping there are some animatronics at play ... and that they follow the first rule of Robotics ... do not eat people! I wonder if there's anywhere we can find a small child to take with us ... just in case.

D was around again this afternoon. He had backed a trailer up to the stables and was loading some more of his things into it. He must have been working to a deadline (or had nothing else to do) but it seemed odd that he would be doing it in the rain. I asked S if he and Y had a place and were moving out of the caravan, and she told me that they did - but they had it a while ago. But it was good that S saw D last week when he was here, picking up the first of his stuff, so she could tell him about the horses in the bottom paddock - and the need to keep the gates closed. I did have a look down there the other day and while I know B said they would do a good job of keeping the grass down, they haven't made much of a dent on it yet! But I suppose it hasn't even been a fortnight yet - and it is a pretty big paddock.

Ebony really does need a road rules refresher. I'm not sure if it's because it has been raining for a couple of days and she hasn't been able to run around much, but this afternoon as I was driving in she ran up to the car, beside it for a while, down the lane a bit - and then back on to the road straight in front of Lars. It was a bit concerning but luckily she was the only one of their four out today ... but it is a worry. She and Pearl are still not used to each other and it really does ruin the calm nature of the valley to have us calling Pearl back and L's lot, depending on who is around at the time, trying to get Ebony back.

Pearl is gearing up for an Academy Award! In the evening, she now goes outside, does what dogs do and then comes back in and asks for her supper cookie. That's well and good - except she does it again later in the evening - hoping that we will have forgotten that we've already done this. Of course, we don't blame her for trying ... but what I worry about is that I'm sure that the second one (and/or the first - it changes) is just a pretend one. I really have to keep hanging on to S's "We're smarter than they are."

S had a visitor yesterday. Sy was in Southport for the day so she dropped in to Latimers. She is well, given what she's been through lately with her mother's illness and passing, and that there continues to be a bit happening in her life. It's not helped, of course, by her having a challenging work colleague. But she is being nice to herself and looking at what's on her plate - so she and An have decided to pass on the Kokoda Challenge this time round. Sometimes you just have to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment