Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tuesday

I had an attempt at photographing the full moon this morning - it was still fairly high in the sky as I drove out of Latimers this morning (after chipping ice off the windscreen - okay, I’m joking about that but if it continues to get cold at this rate, it won't be long before I do have to find out how to safely de-ice!). The moon was still hanging there when I reached Zarraffas so I took the camera out of the boot and took some shots. I think now that I shouldn't have fiddled with the EV - because the shots I took turned day into night! And when I realised what was happening, I tried to change it back but couldn't quite make that happen either. But I do now know that you can lock the autofocus!

It was another cool morning although it did seem to get cooler during the day, rather than warmer. The person who really felt the cold though was S who was almost frozen as she waited for the train to take her to Brisbane this afternoon. She was off to dinner with An and then they were both going off to enjoy the other part of M's "A Night At The Opera" birthday present - which she isn't going to get to go to as she is currently in Russia. The others will just have to enjoy it for her ... and since it is a Baz Luhrmann production, they probably will. Luckily S has an incredible memory and should be able to do the whole thing for her (minus costumes) on her return.

Mi rang this afternoon wanting to know how M and Mouse were travelling and if they had arrived safely. We passed on what we knew - yes, they had arrived safely, they had been in contact but by SMS because the interweb isn't that easy to access there. Mi seemed happy about that - or she did when she rang me later in the evening to see how I was enjoying being home alone. She and F were off to the Myer sale and she asked if I knew what they were buying. Well, that was easy. It was an electric blanket. She was stunned but then she didn't know that when we saw F (was it at the Markets or Trivia) he said he wanted to get an electric blanket because the nights are getting a lot colder now.

At least the grass is staying under control but I will need to jump onto ROM soon - although at this point that may not be until the weekend ... and the grey water hose will need to be moved. Ah, what better place to note these things than the Diary. But when I went to note them, I realised that M had already done some of it ... an entry a week. Very thorough - and very helpful. When did she find the time to do this before they left?

The furries and I had a quiet evening in - although it was fairly difficult to get everyone in at the same time - although they finally did come in for lockdown. It could have been earlier than it was, but in the end it was 9:30, and we were all in bed soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment