Saturday, August 10, 2013

Friday - Kookaburras

It may have been cool this morning but I didn't notice because I had a later start ... Je is due today and S and I planned to be out of the house while she was here. I had suggested a movie and we found one that worked - 9:45 at the Arts Centre - The Way Way Back. I had already seen it but that was fine; I knew I could entertain myself at the coffee shop on site. So, I managed a sleep-in because there was no point going into Nerang early, just to come back to collect S - especially as she had suggested a pancakes breakfast at Maccas would be a great start to the morning - and I couldn't argue with that.

Kookaburra

Even though I hadn't given the movie a good wrap (and I'm still thinking about it), S was hopeful about it since M and Mouse had also seen it ... and loved it. And S loved it too. Mind you, when she was talking about it afterwards - giving a completely different interpretation and insights - she had me crying about it.

So, at 11:30, we set off for Pacific Fair ... for a quick coffee at The Coffee Club (I love their VIP card and the two for one coffee deal) before S went off in search of things at Target and I did my customary loop of JB Hi-Fi where, once again, I was able to resist all temptation and walk out empty-handed. (Yes, yes, if I was picking places where I really wanted to work, JB Hi-Fi would be one of them ... can you imagine how much damage I could do with their "generous staff discount"? And, as S pointed out, the nieces and nephews would love it too!)

Kookaburra

Mouse, M, S and I were the only ones at The Girls lunch today - Az was buying fresh nutmeg in Singapore instead; Mi and Em were, I think, off doing preparations for today's celebration of Bayram (the end of Ramadan).

Je was gone by the time S and I arrived home. We could tell as soon as we walked around the back because the bucket where she keeps her cleaning cloths was outside the door ... and, had they not been, we would also have been able to tell because the floor was still wet ... so she wasn't long gone. I took the iPad and Nik (the camera) out the back as I waited for the floors to dry. Luckily, the kookaburras favoured me with their presence and reminded me, yet again, that birds are just not that easy to photograph.

Kookaburra

M came home to feed the cats before she went out again, leaving S and I to have a quiet night in. S, uncharacteristically, settled in to watch her first-ever episode of NCIS, entitled "Shabat Shalom" which she later reported was "to be continued" and that it had been very violent. I can imagine that it would make "Clean Houses" seem very, very tame.

The furries had a quiet night in as well. Maggie took herself off to bed early and Tinka sat for a while with S before following her to bed to keep her company as S settled in to read some more of her Chagall tome. Meanwhile, I've started Charles Dicken's "Bleak House" and am hoping that the spontaneous combustion which is mentioned in the preface actually plays a role in the story proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment