Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tuesday - Construction and an almost full moon

There's nothing quite like a routine ... and it's quite amazing just how quickly you can fit back into one.

Construction

There was much activity at L's place this morning. I hope S wasn't really trying to have a sleep-in because the sound of the trucks outside the gate would have made it quite difficult. One truck had the bobcat, the other the soil, and the other one must have been carrying the rest of the supplies for the new deck going off the back of the shed, and the new driveway between the shed and the house. The first truck had already arrived by the time Pearl and I set off for our walk down the lane - not as early as I had hoped but early enough for me to still be on schedule.

Construction 2

I did see the polka dot horse coat today - I saw it yesterday too, I just didn't realise what it was that I was looking at. It was very modern! And now I can't wait to see the others.

It was a lovely day today here at Latimers ... so nice that you would have sworn L must have booked it for his construction project. And the nice weather was good too because it meant that S could go ahead with her plan to attack the washing - she's determined to get back to her "twice-a-week" routine with it.

While she was doing that, the furries had again taken up their positions around the house and the yard and, as usual, we tried not to disturb them - they need their sleep.

Polka dots

The Post Office looked to be about the busiest place in Nerang this morning - and certainly it was very difficult to find a car park! I wonder what makes Tuesday so special when it comes to the mail? The line was literally out the door there.

I had thought about jumping on ROM and going around the yard today - and I almost made it, too. As it was, I didn't get out there until much later in the afternoon when it was time to take Pearl up the lane again. She was good ... helping corral the branches the truck had knocked from the tree. They'll have to be moved - either into the rubbish, onto the trailer, or down onto the burning pile. There are always options!

The almost full moon over Latimers was magnificent this evening. I even made S have a look at it ... it was just so wonderful!

Almost full moon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment