Thursday, August 15, 2013

Wednesday - Bingo and baby

Well, it doesn't get much better than this does it? Sitting in the sun (behind glass so there's no wind), enjoying a hot chocolate, listening to decent (and very catchy) music set to repeat on the iPod, and settling in to do a couple of hours of "work".

Tinka and Edmund

Meanwhile, back at Latimers (according to S, who I spoke to as she and M were on their way in to Ferry Road for breakfast before going off to Bingo) Ja was hard at work in the yard while Ka was pushing the vacuum cleaner around inside the house. As S pointed out when M suggested that maybe that meant that we were "lazy", we are doing our bit to keep the economy chugging over! It's good that Ja is there though - Be had delivered some more lucerne last week and I've been worried that it might rain on it (it's just piled near the garage). By the end of the day, though, it should be on the gardens where it belongs!

Everyone was still in bed when I left Latimers this morning - or I think they were ... the only one I didn't actually account for was Maggie, who I think was with M. Maggie deserted me last night ... so much for saying yesterday that each of us had an animal ... I had to make do with Edmund De Waal, who's okay but you sometimes have to watch him to make sure he doesn't take up too much space.

Em was back at Bingo today - making them four - Em, Mouse, M and S. What's that? Four is an unlucky number in the Chinese culture? But that has little to do with Bingo except that none of the four had so much as a line today. Just as well they had all put into the lunch kitty last time because they didn't have to today. I, as the interloper, did because that's fair ... and seriously I had such a great lunch (also known as The Big Breakfast) that it was good to contribute.

It rained this afternoon - which warmed it up a little. I'd been sitting outside working this afternoon and at some point the temperature just started dropping. Sweatshirts were mentioned. And the Milo cup that I wrapped my hands around really helped. S and M were smarter than I; they were inside during the afternoon - as were the furries. I had been hoping that by being outside I could have another try at the kookaburra shots, with the smaller camera this time: it didn't work out.

Both Tinka and Maggie were acting slightly out of character this evening. Tinka put herself on the table but only after she'd been over to my desk and demanded some pats. After that, I thought she was going to get onto the cupboard down the back but she went to the table instead. Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Maggie had put herself on the floor between the wall and the bedside table - she hasn't been there before as far as we know. S suggested that maybe they can hear a storm approaching. We know they have sensitive hearing and are on to some things long before their human counterparts.

S watched the Season Finale of "offspring" tonight - Patrick's funeral and the birth of Nina and Patrick's baby. It was definitely a bitter-sweet episode.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment