Friday, August 23, 2013

Wednesday - Maccas and more electioneering

It was an early start for me again - Maccas for "double click Wednesday" which means just what it says ... buy a coffee and they give your coffee card two clicks instead of one. It's a great way of quickly building up to a free coffee, especially as they are incredibly generous and give you the fifth one free*. They have come a long way since folk actually consider this to be a good deal now - as opposed to those days, not really all that long ago, when you would only drink the coffee at Maccas if there was really, truly and absolutely no other option. I think they also have a return guarantee on their coffee these days - I'm not sure because I haven't even been close to wanting to send one back for a good while. (Well that was the way it was but they have now moved back to their seventh-free card. I knew I should have stocked up on the other ones .... still, it was good while it lasted.)

Despite the very loud call of ROM, I managed to avoid the mowing again but I have promised myself (really promised - not just one of those half-hearted ones that don't mean anything) that if it is fine tomorrow, I will be out there like a shot - mowing and drinking in Vitamin D!

It was a quiet evening in for everyone tonight ... even though we did have the Brisbane Broncos Club Federal Election Lead-Up Debate on the television for a short while. The Election just isn't going away any time soon and I can't help but think that the wrong people are on the hustings. If this is a popularity contest between Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott ... there can be no winners - especially not the Australian public. "They" often say that we get the leaders we deserve ... sometimes we don't really get a choice.

M cooked dinner tonight - chicken stirfry with noodles - very nice indeed and there are leftovers for tomorrow!

The furries continue to be themselves and I've noticed both Tinka and Maggie picking various places around the yard, in the sun, to try to warm up. Maggie is still looking a bit thin but she seems well enough within herself. I think she has to be almost due back to The Tevs for that blood test to check her thyroid levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment