Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sunday - Cake and (no) chips

It's not often the day at Latimers starts with ironing - but that was me this morning - up forty minutes earlier than I needed to be for my call with Tr so I could iron some shirts. It has been a while but thankfully that is one of the skills that doesn't fade over time ... a bit like riding a bike (although I'm still working on that one).

We were only a little late to the Markets this morning ... and we were there earlier than M. She had set off early to go in search of a Birthday Cake for Azra. As it turned out Az and Mi were also late but I don't know if that had anything to do with Mi's extra exercise this morning. Prince had disappeared and Mi ended up running 3km in their usual morning walk route (?) and then back home to get the bike and off again ... before they finally discovered Prince had not gone that far at all. He was immediately next door ... something to do with the female dog there being "on heat". Hopefully he won't be tempted to go in search of female companionship while he's staying with Mouse.

M managed to secure a fantastic Birthday Cake from Madisons, complete with a personalised white chocolate plaque. It was especially good because Az really likes cakes from Madisons. Double bonus. It was, I think, a good "event" especially since M pulled it together on such short notice - the present (with special thanks to Mi), the cake, and the card. We had a couple of extras today - Sy's father, visiting from Melbourne, came, and Nu brought along his granddaughter. Alas, I don't think she was happy being there; we seemed to have more fun watching her play with balloons than she did playing with them.

I dropped S back to Latimers after the Markets so I could go in to The Big House. They're having the third (or is it fourth) of their draws for the "Search for 5 Millionaires". It meant being there for four hours or so but as long as I have the iPad - and Mouse's puzzles - there's always something to do, and having lunch with M and watching some "numbers" helped pass the time as well. Alas, we weren't the lucky winner today - but there's always next week ... for M - I'm not planning to play the machines there next week so I won't earn the requisite points to go in the draw.

And speaking of gambles ... the date of the next Federal Election has been announced ... 7 September ... and the campaigning has begun!

Happy Birthday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment