Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Monday - Great coats and Trivia

Maggie

When I took Pearl down the lane for her walk this morning, I kept a look-out for the new horse coats M saw them wearing yesterday. I thought that they might be rain coats but M assures me that they were flannellette pyjamas - but the amazing thing about them was that they were brightly coloured and in patterns such as polka dots. I'm hoping that if I take Pearl down earlier tomorrow, we might see them.

Choo Choo

What we did see this morning, and which worried me, was Choo Choo Ma Ma (or is that the other way around?) and she was lying/sitting on the ground - which I have seen before - but what I haven't seen before is that she was eating at the time. I checked on her a bit later and she was up and around, so there doesn't appear to have been anything wrong - but it did have me wondering.

S went off to do her good deed this morning; she is offering to volunteer at a local child care centre. She had her initial interview with them at lunchtime, and just after lunchtime, they had her in training. The good news is that they will organise the background checks (necessary for anyone who is working with children) including the Blue Card. She is very excited at the prospect and is now working out what days she can do with them, especially if she's going to set up a routine which will work when she starts back with Je.

Tinka

M took Prince of Persia to the vets today and will now need to ring Mi and Az to discuss the diagnosis and possible treatment options.

Trivia was a bit different tonight ... M brought Mouse along. They were supposed to be going off to canapes and a movie but it wasn't actually on this evening ... so rather than going back to The Big House and the Executive Club for CheeseLand, they came along to Trivia, and dinner, instead. It's good because we have been trying to get Mouse for a long while. Hopefully Mouse enjoyed her first time at Trivia - even though there were so tricky questions tonight. I think we chose the wrong bonus rounds again. I feel like a bit of a PollyAnna now but I'm thinking It would be good if we could have all the team members at Trivia picking the Bonus Rounds before the game started ... and maybe that way there would be no dissension or dispute afterwards.

Trivia (and Keno!)

M was overnight at TBH and she's there again tonight, so we are doing our best to prevent the furries from pining too much. S did a wonderful job of getting up early to do the 6am feed and insulin shot before she and those furries crawled back into their respective sleeping positions to catch just a bit more sleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment