Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday - Mist and Borscht

It was a glorious, if chilly, start to the morning. The sun was shining, although there wasn't a lot of heat in it ... certainly not enough to burn off the mist hanging low in the valley. As I went over the bridge, I noticed there was mist on the creek as well, so I turned the car around a bit further up the road (when it was safe to do so) and came back to take some photographs. If I hadn't done that, I would never have seen the handwritten notices on the property fence closest to the creek, on the other side of the road from the lane. One was about not hunting feral animals in the area; the other was about not dumping snakes! I'm not sure how long the notices have been there ... I haven't seen them before, but since they're just near the bend of the road where the bridge is, it's not somewhere I would take my eyes off the road. I was a bit sorry I hadn't seen the sign before I got out of the car to take the mist photographs though - but I took some solace in that it is still winter and still a bit cool for snakes to be out and about.

Snake sign

Nerang wasn't that busy this morning ... although there were a few people at My Centre. I wasn't there long, just enough to get my hair cut before heading back home where I was surprised to find that both S and M were still at home. S had wanted to stay at home because she's still reading her Chagall book (it is a massive tome!) and M was having the morning in.

Tinker and Pearl went off to The Tevs this afternoon; Tink for her regular checkup and Pearl for her annual top-to-tail. Tink's insulin has been increased again ... she's on 6.5 now - her sugars were fairly high again today ... and she has put on a little more weight, which The Tevs aren't that concerned about at this point. Pearl is okay although they're changing her food so she gets some glucosamine to help with her arthritis ... and if that doesn't work they may have to look at doing injections. I'll have to check with M to find out if she got the results of Maggie's thyroid test back.

We ended up at Mouse's for dinner tonight. Az and Mi had left Mouse with their leftover vegetables and Mouse did what she does best and cooked them up as Borscht and stew. We had the borscht tonight and brought some home with us, and stew.

Borscht

While we were there Mouse and M received a Skype call from the family in Turkey; they were wishing them for the end of Ramadan. They were all in good spirits - and we were lucky enough to see Little Hamdi who is looking all grown up.

Skype

Prince seems to be behaving himself at Mouse's although he is still "afflicted" and it looks as though M may have to take him to the vet - it should be fairly easy to fix his problem but it's not something any of us is lining up to do, even though we apparently could.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment