Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday - bad drivers and tea towels

It was very cold this morning - 7 degrees according to the thermometer in Lars - with a light mist in the valley. I was maybe concentrating a little too much on that as I pulled out of the lane and onto the main road because I didn't see the blue car that, all of a sudden, was almost on top of me. Hmmm ... that was odd, because usually I'm much more careful than that ... and as I thought about it, I was stunned when he shot past me, overtaking on the double yellow lines at a speed which was more akin to low-level-flying. No wonder I hadn't seen him! Otherwise it was a lovely morning ... and as they said on the radio, they thought it was a nice enough day for the balloons to be out ... they were ... they just hadn't seen them yet.

I made it to Maccas for breakfast this morning ... and had the opportunity to witness some instant karma for the guy who came in with the big fake spider ... who then left his keys behind and rather than following him out to give them to him Ly and Jo waited and watched as he walked to his car, put his coffee on the roof, opened the door, got in and then ... nothing. They kept up a running commentary about how he would be looking for his keys, wondering where they were ... until he finally realised they were inside - and when he walked back in, and they were sure he knew that they knew, still they waited behind the counter, smiling broadly, and holding his keys up. I think they could have made much more of the situation but chose not to ... ut it was interesting to watch.

l did make it on to ROM this afternoon and managed to do all of the house yard except the tiny patch of front lawn. At first I though there was going to be a problem with ROM - it spluttered unnaturally, well, differently from the usual ... but it did settle down, so I continued.

On the way home this morning, I had thought about suggesting we go to the Advancetown Hotel for a steak for lunch but S had other plans so I didn't say anything. Now, it has been ages since I even thought about going to the Hotel, so I was more than stunned when S suggested to me this evening that we go to the Advancetown Hotel for a steak for dinner. Once we'd both come to terms with the coincidence (or does that qualify as "mind reading") we decided to go ... and the place has changed... and for the better. It seems much brighter, roomier and much less seedy. Unfortunately it's not nearly as busy. Maybe Tuesdays is their quiet night. They still do a very good steak though - just not T-Bone anymore.

M spent some time tonight cleaning out the tea towel drawer. She found one to throw out ... for the six new ones she was putting in. Don't ever buy wipes, she said, we have 100,000 of them - and while that was a bit of an exaggeration there was an element of truth to it.

The furries spent most of the afternoon inside today - a great pity given what a truly wonderful day it turned out to be. Definitely way too nice a day for anyone to spend inside - another reason I jumped on ROM. We do need a "life hack" though. How do we get to clean underneath ROM easily - without getting down on hands and knees or driving up onto those portable ramps (which we don't have)?

No comments:

Post a Comment