Saturday, August 30, 2014

Friday

I was up early this morning - even though it's a holiday I had wanted to get some stuff done - like starting to clear off my desk. I do not know where it all comes from - except that I just dump things there once I have looked at them rather than actually putting them away. I do try to better and some days I actually am (for maybe a day or two) but then I slip back into my old (not so good) habits. And when I do tidy up, it's usually to put all my papers together and out of sight and then, of course, it makes it very hard to find anything - so I don't usually even think about bothering until there is something I absolutely have to find - like the other day when I needed my Passport. I had put it somewhere "safe" and I did eventually find that - but not until I had looked everywhere else!

RAAF in action

Pearl and I went for our walk down the lane again this morning but because I didn't have to be out at any set time, I took the camera with me, hoping to get another shot of the Plover chicks ... but not to be. I couldn't even find them this morning - but I did see a hot air balloon with Royal Australian Air Force insignia flying over the valley. I couldn't help but think of Pa and his cadets, or the fact that at one point they would have used hot air balloon for purposes of war. I read the other day that it was back in 1928 this week that nations signed the Kellogg-Briand Pact - whose aim it was to outlaw war. It didn't work.

No plovers ... but ducks.

Tinka was back on our bed last night, and after she had breakfast, she went back there again. She seems very comfortable ... I'm not so sure about Sooz all the time though because she seems to sleep around Tink ... and yes, this is the same Tink who spagged Sooz the other night. Hmmm ... that's funny, I just went to have a look for the dictionary definition of "spag" and there doesn't seem to be one. When we talk about "spag" we're talking about cats, in bed, late at night, who sink their claws into your foot when you come too close to them ... not necessarily on purpose - but either way the upshot is that the human is usually way more careful after that.

What? No beret?

Syl and An arrived home this morning and we dropped in on them after we'd had breakfast. They are both in good form and happy to be home - both say they have had a great rest - even with their drive of "500 miles across the desert" - including Nevada!

Syl came for a look at the house with us and brought her tape measure as well so we could find out how big the boxes that we'll be stacking on the garage shelves need to be. An stayed home to finish some washing and then to go out and do some shopping. They were both intending to stay up for the whole day, hoping that would put them back into sync with Australian time more quickly.

We didn't do any house shopping today - but we did talk about where furniture will go and the item we are finding it the hardest to assign a home is the television! We've almost made a decision about the desk in the office and how that will work ... and I think both Sooz and I are going to be happy with the solution.

Even though Pearl's medication seems to be working, she is still having a bit of trouble just after she stands up. I think itwould be easier for her if she didn't lie directly on the tiles but she is obviously too hot to stay on her bed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment