Friday, August 22, 2014

Wednesday

What a busy day! And thank goodness for Superman next door who was able to provide the name of a pest and building inspection company and I rang them this afternoon and they will arrange the inspections for mid-next week. I can be there for them or they will ring me when they're done with a verbal report.

Meantime, I was able to get on to the solicitor today and by the close of business today, Ben, our new solicitor, had reviewed the contract, discussed them with me and given the go-ahead to pay the deposit. Which was good because I had left work early to go to the bank to get a cheque. While I was there, Sh organised our contents insurance so we don't have to worry about that now.

I'm so glad that it isn't EOM at work otherwise it would have been much more difficult to get away from work early today - and to make those phone calls at break times.

The girls went to Aqua today and then on to lunch with Mouse and Vi at Ferry Road. Then M drove Sooz over to HarbourTown and I met them there at Zarraffa's after I had finished at the bank. M didn't stay for a coffee ... and neither did we ... we were straight off to the agents to hand over the deposit. Afterwards, I resisted the urge to do a drive-past and have another look. There will be plenty of time for that on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment