Saturday, August 9, 2014

Friday

I took the day off to spend with Ch and Sooz. I went to work but decided I didn't want to stay. In fact, when I saw the balloons coming down over Carrara all I wanted to do was follow them - and it was all I could do to make myself go to work. By the time I got there though I didn't want to stay so I decided to tell M that I wanted to go home so I coulkd spend time with my brother-in-law. I was very careful to say the real reason, not pretend I was feeling poorly because tomorrow is Saturday and there is no way I want to tempt any kind of lurgy to come calling - bad enough that there is a real possibility of picking up something from Pat.

Up on the roof

Syl came out to the farm today - something to do with taking the caravan to have the brakes looked at. They said, again, that there was nothing wrong with it - but this time they spent half an hour fixing the something that wasn't wrong. Then she was back - they had done the fix while she waited - and when she confirmed we would be around for a while, she pulled out the ladder and launched herself on to the roof of the portico to clear out the gutters. The tobacco weed that had been growing up there now isn't and the build-up of leaf detrius from the bohemia tree has now been reassigned to the garden as mulch. It was a bit "spooky" - apparently M had dreamt about those gutters last night - so there could have been some telepathy happening there.

I must say that while that would have been a good trick, I am in awe of how Syl backs the caravan into the stables shed. It took her a while this morning - there's a fence on one side so there isn't a lot of manoeuvre room but if it had been me, there wouldn't be a shed now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment