Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday

The furries haven't forgotten their morning routine so that's encouraging although Pearl may have wondered about me. I usually give her a couple of breakfast cookies - but not this morning. She has been bleeding from the mouth again and M thinks it has something to do with her new cookies - which are the only thing that's changed in her diet, so I was hesitant to give her any. Since M and Sooz were scheduled to have an early start this morning, I was fairly sure that Pearl wouldn't have too long to wait until someone fed her.

She was good on our walk though - even when it started to spit (but not much more) on our way back from B's. It's a shame because we really do need the rain. All the grass has been either burned off by the frost or is badly in need of water. There's rain forecast for the weekend and hopefully that will eventuate.

It was odd being awake for the whole day today - especially after having so much sleep over the last few days (which I'm sure did me the world of good). Mind you, it was fairly busy at work with a few issues to sort out, a spreadsheet to create, and some catch-up with what I could have done except I was off with the lurgy. The amazing thing is that it still manages to be there after a couple of days away!

Tonight was the Safety Course at the Pistol Club and I was surprised that there were about ten of us in total. I had Ross (not Kate - Syl had her) and it all ran quite smoothly - including the safety video which looked to be about 30 years old - based on the fashions and the hair cuts. The girl reminded us all of Charlene from Neighbours - before she became Kylie Minogue the Pop Queen. But the safety points are still valid and in this case it's probably the old "if it's not broken don’t fix it" in action.

Sooz could have gone out to Mouse's for dinner with M and Fl but I think she was fairly tired from real estate looking. I think she and M looked at about 8 properties today and Sooz and I will revisit some of them on the weekend (and maybe a few new ones). It's a good start - checking out what is available and seeing how much "bang" you can get for your buck. One of the agents was saying this is a good time to buy on the Coast - although possibly not to sell because the prices are on a par with those about ten years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment