Friday, August 29, 2014

Thursday

It's raining ...

It was raining this morning and for a moment I didn't think Pearl and I were going to go for a walk, but something prevailed - I am not sure what it was ... although they have now found a part of the brain which is responsible for exercise - so maybe it had something to do with that. It didn't rain on us - so that was a good thing ... but I made sure I had my umbrella in the car because I was sure it was going to be wet at some point during the day. I didn't have to wait long because by the time I made it to Zarraffa's it was raining quite heavily and I told Michael (who served me) that I would be staying there until the rain stopped. I was hoping at that point that it would be a very long while ... I'd much rather be in a coffee shop almost any day but especially when it is cold and raining!

The day passed fairly quickly though - it has a way of doing that at EOM ... and the good news is that we are on top of things enough that we don't need to go back in tomorrow to do "stuff" although I think Ch was taking home one supplier's dockets and I have another - there is just no way you can really get in to the nitty-gritty of some things in the office when there are other people around - because even though they may not be talking to you, they are "there" and that in itself can be a bit distracting.

After work, I didn't go straight home but took the opportunity of "no numbers" tonight to do some reading - getting ready for signing the loan documents - and some general quiet time and thinking of what we are going to achieve in the next few weeks.

I was still home by 7 though and Sooz, who had done the furries for M, was happy with the little bit of extra protein (Mongolian Lamb) that came home with me to go with the Pad Thai (left-over from Luke's the other night).

The furries are amazing where they put themselves in the evening. Maggie has a new space - between the cushions on the two-seater lounge in the other living area; Tinka is putting herself on Pearl's bed, and Pearl ... well, she goes wherever there's room near Sooz (if M isn't home, and then she's with her).

The rain had stopped by this evening - which meant there was a good chance our roadworks would go ahead unhindered - it has been a bit hit and miss with the torrential downpours some nights recently - not to mention the rain during the day ... but we are getting there. And come to think of it, I don't think I did mention that AC finished with us the other day. It is going to be quite quite different without her cheery countenance in the Office and I'm not sure anyone else is going to be able to step in and take over her Morale Officer duties. The other person to leave this week was Ben ... a really nice chap - very efficient and with a love of writing/planning on the (metal) walls of his office. I guess what they say is true ... there is nothing as constant as change!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment