Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 130 (Thursday)

There is always something happening at Latimers! Tink has taken to sitting on the yellow bread box and it is amazing that she has worked out how given it has no flat surfaces for the hood. She seemed to be a little uncomfortable, yet determined, when I spotted her there. She always has been a fan of pre-heated hoods - well, at least for as long as we have known her.

M took Pearl to the vet last week and that, a bath and some drugs have resulted in a much less itchy dog. It's good, too, because its quite distressing seeing her so uncomfortable all the time.

I think I understand now why they call them ''slashers". When Uncle R came earlier this week, he mowed the bottom paddock and took it right back to a No. 1 (in hair-cutting parlance) which has left the grass looking distressed and unloved. No Colorbond moments there. Time for me to have a go! After I've done Hermes paddock - which I did this afternoon when I arrived home from work. There is something incredibly relaxing about being on the mower, out in the paddock, just you and the grass and the sun starting to set in the distance - but not so quickly that you'll be forced to decide about whether you try to find the switch for the headlights so you can keep mowing in the dark - or call it on account of poor light.

Thursday is usually "date night" but as I had been sick earlier this week and because we had leftovers (sent home by Mouse) in the fridge and because I wanted to start looking at an application for a job with Apple, we stayed in. And did someone mention there was also a new iPhone 4 to set up? And get ready for handing the iPhone 3G S to S?

Laddette, aka Emma the cat, is still taking every opportunity she can to streak out the bedroom door whenever it is opened to drink from the outside water. She can move like greased lightning when she wants to and I only realised she had made it out this evening when I'd had the door open an instant to put some rubbish out for later conveyance to the rubbish tin and when I turned back around, the shoe rack which normally sits right way up at the end of the bed was now on its side. "That's odd" I thought and then looked around to see where Em was - and she wasn't. S has the same problem with her just streaking out the door when it's even the tiniest bit open. But it's good that she's still active and agile!