Saturday, September 7, 2013

Friday - On the road again - Kyogle

It seems that I'm going further afield for breakfast these days ... and I had a very lovely one in Uki, NSW, this morning. It was brilliant, sitting out in the sunshine, watching a few cars pass by from time to time, a dog at my feet (I'm not sure why she wasn't hanging out with her "parents" except maybe they were more in the sun than I was), a fantastic coffee, and a view of the hills in the background. I was en route to Kyogle and had made the unusual decision (for me) to stop along the way. My grand plan had been to try to get a good photograph of Mt Warning ... but today wasn't the day for it.

Uki

Maggie was still in bed when I left and I'm seriously thinking about just taking photographs of where she hangs out during the day to see if she really does spend as much time in bed as I think she does. Not that we mind, of course, it's just that it really does seem incredible that she would want to spend so much time there.

It was a fantastic day for a drive - even better when it was confirmed that the truck that was blocking the Tugun ByPass had been moved. (It was too high to fit through the Tunnel ... it was gone by the time I arrived so I don't know if they managed to get it through by letting its tyres down or whether they did something else.)

Cadets

It was good to see the Kyogles today ... they are all in good form. And it was good for S to spend time with her pal Ja who she hasn't seen for awhile. They had a good catch-up before dinner while I had a quick nap (after zipping down to the IGA to get them some Soda Water -two brands so they could do a comparative taste test).

Dinner was good. Lo had a friend over as well; Ba was nice - he's doing his HSC this year, including music and drama and Lo is helping with his music. He seems very sad to have been born now - he assured us he much prefers the 60's, 70’s and 80's, particularly the music from those decades. The conversation around the table was constant and varied - and great fun. We were still going at 11pm when Pa arrived back from Cadets and kindly agreed to drive Ba home.

Tired but happy we went to bed - just a little sad that we had missed dinner at Mouse's tonight. Word is, though, that she's going to send some home with M - thanks Mouse!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment