Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Monday - Play group and some Trivia

How is it that Monday comes around so quickly each week? We just had one and here it is again. Of course, a lot has happened since the last once ... the Federal Election (the day didn't seem any brighter today), a trip to Kyogle, the Markets ... but in some ways it's pretty similar as well.

S had a rough night last night ... she kept waking up ... which meant she was tired when it was time to get up, and even though she squeezed in just a little more sleep, almost making her late for the leave for the Day Care Centre, it wasn't enough. She had fun at Day Care though. She thinks they have now all but assigned her to the Finger Painting Concession and she loves it ... as do the little ones who line up to don a smock and, taking it quite literally, smear paint all over their hands to leave their coloured hand prints on the sheets of butcher paper. I think she prefers painting to last week's "goop" - which is corn flour and water mixed together, in exactly the right quantities, to make it squishy and gooey yet solid enough that it doesn't slip through their hands.

I took Ray Bradbury's massive tome of short stories back to the Library. I was going to extend it but since I am in the throes (still) of Truman Capote's In Cold Blood and that's going to be removed from my device in 10 days and I still have hundreds and hundreds of pages to go, I thought better of it.

But before the Library, coffee at the cafe at the Post Office/Cinema. Pe, the Elvis fan, was there again this morning and he was excitedly telling me about the Cabaret show at The Big House which he went to on Friday night (the same one M went to on Thursday with Mouse). He was much taken with one of the acts and how the "prop" used kept getting smaller and smaller. (Don't ask S ... like M, I don't want to spoil the surprise for you! )

M dropped by for a coffee as well on her way in to Aqua. It was a brilliant day for sitting in the sunshine (which you can do at the Post Office/Cinema cafe ... what is it's name? ), especially since she'd just received her "What's happening?" information from TBH - and found out that another round of card swipings start today. I fished into my wallet and gave her mine and Jo's (which I was still holding on to ... I was due to give it back to her tomorrow at breakfast) in case she happened to be passing there.

I picked S up at 2:30 and took her home where she joined Maggie for a nap - essential because it is Trivia tonight and we need to make sure all the team is firing on all cylinders if we are going to have a chance of getting back onto that Podium. I'm not sure if it gets easier or harder when you've had recent wins - but Fl certainly gets excited when we collect vouchers. With the last couple of weeks (a first, and a second) we were up to $ 80 to spend there, and tonight's win (well done team! ) took us to $ 130. The rest of the team (Ni and An) should be back from their respective travels next week and I think we're planning to do a meal the following week when we know for sure that everybody is back on board.

Tinka under the 4WD

Tinka helped with the rubbish and recycling tonight - if you call putting herself under the 4WD after I had taken it out to start hooking up the bin/s "helping". She did move away though ... and even though you would think you'd have good visibility from the 4WD, it's not as easy as you think to sight Tinka and make sure she is truly out of the way. I don't know what it is about that cat and motor vehicles!

M was still at the Movies with Mouse ("Man of Steel") when we arrived home and S settled in to watch Q&A - in real time. Trivia had moved along at a lively and compelling pace which meant we were home earlier than usual so she could. Usually she has to "timeshift" it.

I thought I was absolutely exhausted by the time I called it a night (I think I was doing something before I went to bed ... that's right, catching up with my writing exercises) but as I crawled in beside Maggie, I could hear Truman calling me and I managed to get another good whack of pages done before, finally, even I was too tired to keep my eyes open, especially knowing we have an early-ish start tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment