Monday, September 23, 2013

Group lunch

S and I were going off to see the Swell sculptures by the beach at Currumbin this morning but we had a slow start. In fact, we had the whole day mapped out and we ended up changing it as we went along ... talk about flexible!

We ended up at Alto in Broadbeach for a late, but petite, breakfast - especially as we were due at Jupiters Food Fantasy for a buffet with the usual Friday Coffee Club lunch crowd. They do a good coffee at Alto and we took the time to relax - until I remembered I had parking on the street, rather than the 3-hours free in the carpark. I had driven in to the car park and then, going upstairs to find a park, I turned the wrong way and ended up going out the exit - it seemed easier that way rather than trying to reverse all the way back into the car park. I was going to drive up the street, circle the roundabout, and back to the car park entrance, but when I saw a park on the street, I took it. And luckily remembered I was there just before the parking ran out. With the luck I've been having for the last little while, I felt sure I would have landed a ticket.

Food Fantasy wasn't all that busy by the time we arrived so we were able to have a comfortable, relaxed lunch, at a table overlooking the pool as insisted on by Mi. There was plenty of choice and everyone walked away happy - if not full. Mouse and M have a dinner at The Big House tonight so were being careful to leave room to be able to enjoy that.

After lunch, S and I went off to Sy's to catch up with her and find out how An is - still unwell is the answer. We had a tea with Sy downstairs and after a while Sy had me stand on the coffee table (which I did dismount rather ungraciously - but luckily without hurting myself) so she could pin up my new pants. She's good like that. Their cats and dogs were very friendly this afternoon - as they usually are, and I'd posit that the dark-furred ones were even more so because someone was wearing white shorts.

We gave Swell a miss again this afternoon ... we'll try again tomorrow morning. It's still on for a couple of days so there are a few opportunities left.

No comments:

Post a Comment