Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wednesday - Burning off and Bingo

I took myself off to breakfast at the cafe near the Post Office - I must find out what it is called. While I was there, I had a Skype call with S as she is plugged into the WiFi at Kyogle. She was already working with Pa and they were talking about the difference between unconventional and unethical acts. That was one of the questions Pa's working on - and needs to be discussed in reference to a film (I can't remember the title).

M called into Sy's today and cleaned the junk mail out of their letterbox. It is very exciting stuff! Sy and An are very lucky to have it delivered right to their letterbox ... we don't get it delivered out our way. I'm not sure if she called in before or after Bingo ... but the sad news is that there were no happy faces at Bingo today. While they were close a couple of times, for the majority of the game they were 5 or 6 numbers away. Amazingly one person did manage a full house in 42 calls ... I couldn't even conceive how that might be possible in so few calls!

The technician came to install M's new television this afternoon and to make sure the ratings box and everything was working okay. He was here for about an hour and ended up helping me carry M's old television into our room (surprise S!). This means we can now record a Free-to-Air Channel when there's no capacity left on the Austar Box(always thinking of you, S !) especially if it means not having to balance the portable DVD player on chests anymore!

Be's pile

Be zoomed by on his mowing tractor late this afternoon and did some work in the bottom paddock. It's all looking pretty good down there now - and after the next burn-off (he did one yesterday), with the branches and debris from the trailer thrown on this time, it will look fantastic.

M and Mouse went out last night to the opening of the Cabaret show at The Big House. M said it was really good and that S and I are going to enjoy it - because the acts are good and it keeps moving for the full hour and an half or so, but also for S because it is in French.

Meanwhile, back at Latimers, the furries and I were huddled around the computer and the iPad and having a lovely quiet evening in. I had thought I was going to have a casserole from the freezer but when it was thawed and I still couldn't tell what it was, I decided to have something else instead. Pearl had her new fish-cookies - that The Tevs are having her trial to see if the added glucosamine helps with Pearl's arthritis She gets to eat more of these - almost twice as much as her standard ones - I'm not sure that they fills her up as much though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment