Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday - Markets and a movie

S and I were out early-ish this morning and ensconced at Maccas with a cup of coffee in time for the Skype call with Tr. She is good and they very much enjoyed the 50's Fair they went to last weekend.

We were first at the Markets too, probably because of the early start, and had managed to secure a couple of tables and enough chairs in the Marque by the time Mouse arrived... although when the others arrived it was decided the group would prefer to be inside in the "Food Court" area ... so that's where we relocated to.

We were a substantial group again and, as always, there was a substantial repast on offer including the very yummy Markets bread with cheese and tomato, warm croissants, home-made cake, strawberries ... the list goes on. I am always amazed how Fl remembers the coffee orders ... he just gets it right.

M let the others know that Mi and Ag Skyped last night. All is well with them. (M was able to finally fill them in on the latest adventures of the Prince of Persia ... there have been no more since last Monday except now The Great K is now staying with he and Mouse.)

After the Markets, I dropped S at home before I took myself off to the movies to see Elysium (sorry An, I waited as long as I could). I enjoyed it - rating 7.5 - and think it was better than the Director's previous film District 9 even though lots of people didn't. The effects were fairly decent and I'm still wondering how the space station orbiting Earth was able to keep its artificial atmosphere from escaping with nothing holding it in. That, the non-physical barrier, was a crucial element in the plot line. There were some very mean baddies in there as well, including a heavily accented (and what accent was that?) Jodie Foster.

Back at Latimers, S had done some laundry and then had a nap - and, of course, Maggie joined her. Pearl wasn't far away either. She came for a walk down to Be's with me this afternoon, while the cats were having their dinner, and I had to call her back - Pe was walking a dog down the lane in front of us; and Pearl went charging after them; she came back and I was very proud of her for doing the sit, drop and roll as/when instructed. The rest of the walk went without incident. Good Pearl!

No comments:

Post a Comment