Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday - Lunch and feet doctors

I was very lucky - Pearl came up to Be's with me four times today and it was only on the last time that I resorted to taking the leash with me ... I have not been as forceful with her as I need to be - she has been a bit naughty, sometimes wanting to walk into the road when cars are coming while we're walking. I have been doing the "sit, drop, roll" thing with her, but I think I also need to do the "scruff" thing ... I admit, I have been a bit scared to do it, but M says it will be fine ... and I certainly need to do something.

We were planning to do lunch with An, Sy and Pa but since An is still sick, she stayed at home while the rest of us went to Bumbles for lunch. We were surprised to see that the site may be being redeveloped. Lunch - or breakfast for three of us - was very nice and it was good to be sitting inside rather than outside - especially since it started raining again while we were there. Sy carried with her some goodies for us from their travels ... thanks Sy and An! (We were very lucky this week with overseas goodies - we got one from Ni at Trivia last night as well.)

After lunch, S and I had appointments with the Podiatrist - my first. I admit, I didn't know what was going to happen, but I really didn't think an orbital sander would be involved. I did expect sharp implements (I wasn't wrong), but when they started sanding my newly-hewn toenails and the undersides of my feet, I wondered what I had gotten myself in to. The last thing she did was to put some kind of lotion on my feet - just what you need when you step on a linoleum floor without your socks and shoes on. I'm not sure when I'm going next but I think I'm going to have to work out how to toughen up my feet before then - it was ticklish and a bit uncomfortable.

S is still working her way through Chagall but I don't think she's picked it up lately. She was busy watching iView until the wee smalls this morning - and then didn't really sleep well after that. I don't know how she manages to get up in the morning ... but luckily we didn't have an early start this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment