Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Monday

There's something quite wonderful about having the day off when most people you know are working. Such was today - I phoned in to say I was doing "car stuff" - actually I didn't say that, I just said I wouldn't be in because they already knew that it was (the car) from when I'd spoken to Ma at the Christmas party.

Luckily the mechanics could fit Lars in even though they are having one of their busiest months so far this year. And it seems they were able to find the problem which was neither of the things we thought it was - it wasn't the coil and it wasn't dirty petrol - instead it appears to have been an split air pipe - causing the computer to go haywire and not be able to work out what was really happening up the front in engine-land. Hopefully they've nailed it. I was able to pick up the car at their closing time - or what is usually their closing time - as it turns out they were still open at least half an hour later when M walked over from Zarraffas to collect the other car. (She had kindly arranged to meet me there so we could get all the cars home.)

I took advantage of the day off to change my appointment with the doctor from Wednesday morning to today mid-morning - and that went fairly well, except I now have some tests scheduled for next Monday morning - and I'm not quite sure how much of the morning that will end up being. But better to get these things out of the way.

And I'm not sure that's what S is thinking at the moment as she gets ready for her own tests on Thursday. She is in the middle of special diet days - very bland and without fibre - and will move on to fluids only in a couple of days. She is being very good with it - I'm not sure I would be nearly so tolerant (and let's hope we never have to find out).

Unfortunately, the podiatrist rang too late today for us to go and collect S's new shoes - and she is really looking forward to getting them. She was very impressed with the podiatrist's office - including the receptionist who seemed to be able to juggle everything happening in the office - and a son who had called up to say that he thought their dog had a tick - without losing her very pleasant and sunny disposition.

It was lovely to spend the morning here at Latimers including having breakfast with S and M and sitting with Emma as she enjoyed some outside time. It's just a lovely here in the afternoons too, and a lovely breeze came up shortly before it was time to go in and collect the car.

It didn't take long for the "shaking the cookies" trick to catch on - although, to be fair, I did only hear what I thought was the rattling of food packets and that may not have been how M was trying to coax Tink inside this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment