Friday, November 11, 2011

Thursday

Well, this is the second week of "it doesn't happen to me but ... " - and at this rate I am really not looking forward to what next week has in store.

Last week, of course, was when I found out that my main public email accounts had been hacked, and spam sent to those unlucky enough to be in their address books saying I was in Bolton UK with the family, had been robbed - but not mugged as I had not resisted - and please send money so I could pay the hotel bill and come home. Luckily folk realised that even had that happened I probably would not have sent a request littered with gramattical and spelling mistakes and they notified me via other methods (thank you FaceBook and phone) to let me know my account had been compromised. Luckily, my credit card hadn't been but I still took the precaution of cancelling it and having it reissued. And spent a couple of hours regaining control of my email accounts and clearing out all the "new" information and forwarding instructions added by the miscreants!

This week I appear to have picked up a repetitive strain injury leading to much back pain and discomfort. It is really embarrassing because I am usually very careful about posture and ergonomics while I'm working but this one seems to have slipped through. As Doc Holliday (truly!!!) said yesterday "have you stopped doing it? " ie turning your head when you are doing data entry - and I have but will need to work out a new way of doing the "Cost Cards" - the cause of the RSI.

On the home front, Beazley had another trip to the vet today and it seems that his diabetes is well under control - so much so that his insulin dosage has been dropped another unit. There has even been some talk of the possibility of his going into remission.

Well, it's a fortnight since Family and Friends dinner and I'm looking forward to it this week. We're off to Food Fantasy tomorrow night at The Big House where they are having a two-for-one special ... odd for a Friday night but we'll take it thanks very much.

S doesn't have to go to Court tomorrow - meaning her "come and be a juror" call-up period has ended. Funny, but since she has been on the jury, I am taking more of an interest in the Court reporting in the local paper. This legal thing is a huge industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment