Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tuesday

I'm not sure if M has gotten to the bottom of the tank pump turning itself on; we're currently using bore water and the only reason the tank pump would come on is if there is a leak in one of the lines - which wouldn't be good. The plumber has been in the vicinity but that was for the bore pump which had not been well (it needed a new fitting), and possibly for the septic trenches. It's a bit of a coincidence but L next door is also redoing his trenches; funny that it should happen at around the same time.

I did manage to do some more of that naughty tax (isn't that an interesting concept - and something I don't think I would ever have to pay) tonight and can say that last financial year's is done ... now I just have to do the year's before and I'm right to go. I've done most of that one - just need to sort through the receipts and make sure I've noted which expenses I have documentation for and mark that in the spreadsheet. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two - once I can make myself sit back at my desk to do it.

It was another gorgeous day here at Latimers and S and I sat out the back this afternoon to catch the zephyr that was blowing, to talk about the day, the workings of the Piscean mind (although funnily enough I think it's more about feelings and being in touch with a wider universality) and ... tax and other things. It was a nice interlude and we were joined by Pearl, Beazley and Tink although they didn't really add much to the conversation ... they are the strong silent types.

S will have to start getting ready for her visit to Kyogle - she leaves tomorrow and will be gone until the weekend - when I go down to pick up her - and the kids (although teenagers would be a better, more apt, description).

We didn't see M until later this evening - she had spent the morning with S and they had visited Aldi (the plastic remote-controlled spiders are not yet on sale) and CostCutters (where a box of Magnums - that would be the ice cream not the gun - costs what some people pay for one) before going off to do other things - including, me thinks, a visit to The Big House to do some more research into numbers, Chaos theory and the nature and predictability of random events. Hmmm ... that makes S and I sitting around having a chat seem a bit low-key - but at least there was washing folding happening at the same time - followed soon after by cat-tray area vacuuming since Kathy is coming tomorrow (must remember to reset the shower after she's been - I did last time but then forgot to do anything about it, and was hit by a wall of water when I turned it on).

Better take myself off to bed soon - it's going to be a big day tomorrow; I'm going with M (and the other Big House folk and their friends) to see Elton John in Brisbane (sorry S!!!). We're bussing it and are not expected to be back on the Coast before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment