Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday

Well, no getting off work today and I was up early to give Beazley his shot - athough I noticed that someone had been up before me and had opened the back door for the furries to come and go as they pleased. It may have been S who said later today that she had a-not-very-well Tink out. It may therefore have been Tink who had been just a little ill on the big mat near the front door. The cause seemed to be too many cookies too quickly - but the worry is that this isn't the first time this has happened this week -although we still don't know who it was last time - or really who it was this morning.

When I rang home at lunchtime, S was okay and M was on ROM doing the yard - which is a bit of shame because I had been looking forward to doing it some time this week to surprise her. I almost did it yesterday while I was home but I thought it was a bit warm (and it was a bit warm!) - so thanks to her for doing it. And there's no doubt about it - it does look better - and decidedly snake-free - when it's just been mowed. I will have to have the Colorbond moment for her tomorrow morning because she is in Brisbane this evening going to the KD Lang concert, and staying overnight. Not quite sure what time she's coming back, but it won't have to be in time for Bingo because S has decided that she won't go tomorrow.

I was a bit disappointed on the way in to work this morning because the car started hiccuping a bit. Mind you, it wasn't as bad as it was in Brisbane - but I was worried that it was going to be. I arrived at work okay but determined that I would give it a workout this afternoon - take it through stop-start traffic with the air-conditioner on - to see if I could get it to heat up enough to fail - making sure that I was in the vicinity of the mechanics so I could show them the problem as it was happening. That was the plan anyway and even though it did stutter when pulling away from the stop, just giving it some more accelerator fixed it. I'll keep an eye on it over the coming days - particularly as I'm planning to do the two-hour drive to Kyogle next weekend.

But doing the test drive this afternoon meant I was at the CostCutters (a couple of buildings up the street from the mechanics) and was able to have a look in there. It looks as though the stock depends on what they get in - but there appear to be some good bargains to be had - including Streets ice-cream products - which will be handy if the Summer turns out to be hotter than expected.

F dropped in to borrow the four-wheel-drive this afternoon. L's broke down this morning and he needs one to be able to pick up a load of sand for a job he's doing tomorrow. That four-wheel-drive has come in very handy the last couple of days.

It's about time to call the furries in because it's just about time for lockdown - and it wouldn't do to let them break the rules just because their mother isn't here! Tinker! Maggie! Beazley!

No comments:

Post a Comment