Friday, November 4, 2011

Wednesday

M threw herself into the mowing today and did a very good job of it ... definitely the territory of Colorbond Moments. It has been a while since the whole lawn has been mowed at the same time so it was a sterling effort - and she even managed to do some of Hermes' yard as well. I know this because as we were having dinner in at The Big House she remembered that she had left the side gate open - and it would need to be closed before the horses went back into the paddock in the morning. I have often seen that gate while I have been mowing on this side of it - but never actually went that extra step to think that it might open and that ROM might fit through there to allow that pesky corner grass to be effectively cut - which it would be if you mowed through the gate-way. Live and learn . . . live and learn.

It wasn't surprising that I did remember that it needed to be done when I got home ... that's what reminders on the iPhone are for ... but the girls did seem surprised that I went out and did it (as S will tell you, I am the one who is not keen to go over to the garbage bins at night because I would be entering "Yowie Country" - but this is on the other side of the house - and I had the lights on - and the torch! ) Just as well that M had mentioned that the electric fence does go all the way up there otherwise I may not have been careful enough with it!

The Jackpot at CSP has not gone off yet - but I thought it was closer tonight when I looked at one of my first hands and had 4 out of the 5 cards needed for a Royal Flush (in Hearts) ... very exciting - especially since the almost-RF was in the first four cards I looked at.

S was called to Court today - but was challenged and excused from the case. She was saying that it seemed to be financial in nature and she wasn't particularly displeased that she wasn't empanelled. But this does mean that she is still "on call" and will keep checking the website (and phone number provided) in the afternoons to see if she is required the next day. Her "summons" runs out at the end of next week and if she is empanelled during that time, she will stay on the case until it concludes.


No comments:

Post a Comment