Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friday

Finally - the end of the working week ... and boy, does it feels like the end of a very long - but good - fortnight. I must have been tired this morning too because when I arrived at Zarraffa's to pick up my coffee - I found that my wallet wasn't travelling with me. So, no Z Card but luckily I had some cash in my bag - so I didn't have to haggle with them over whether they would let me have a coffee on account. I wonder if they would. As I was ringing S to ask her to keep an eye out for my wallet, she was ringing me to let me know she had found it.

It will be nice to have some downtime over the weekend at The Big House! Thanks M! She checked us in this afternoon and came back to Latimers to hand over the keys - and after feeding Em and giving her her insulin shot, we came in - unfortunately too late for CheeseLand but it will keep until morning - for breakfast (is it called CheeseLand in the morning?) - and we are definitely planning to do it tomorrow afternoon. But we still had to eat tonight and we decided on Spinners - even though the Special (we did miss out on the Whole Chicken Dinner) isn't on on a Friday night. We started with a drink each - a non-alcoholic Passion Brew. It is amazing - no two of these have ever tasted the same, and now that they are blending them rather than muddling them - they're different again.

M was in at The Big House tonight as well - at the Moulin Rouge Cocktail Party. She didn't bring Mouse with her because she didn't realise it was a sit-down event. She had also thought there would be just finger food but there was more than that - including a noodle bar and - and she was very pleased about this - the ice cream cart which had been in the lobby - and it was loaded up with a new flavour too - honeycomb.

I met up with her afterwards to go upstairs for a drink - and we watched some roulette (we were lucky enough to score a table near the table). S doesn't like the upstairs area and stayed in the room to watch a murder mystery. She was still awake when I returned (I was gone only an hour or so) with some upstairs water and some Cool Mints. (I just remembered the the gifts A and Mi gave M - some Mints [to remember what she Mint to do]; some confectionery teeth; and a bag of marbles - in case she lost hers. Very clever.

I stayed up late tonight (as is my wont when we stay at a hotel) to watch some television and noticed at some point that there was half a yellow moon (oh, all right, a full moon) sinking towards the horizon in the distance. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment