Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thursday

The mornings are definitely getting chillier and the thermometer in Lars rarely gets above 18 degrees as I drive out of the valley. It is a refreshing change and one that has come around relatively quickly - only from the start of this week. This probably means we have seen the last of the Summer weather, although, to be fair, we didn't actually see a lot of it this season (something for which S is incredibly grateful - as am I because it means the fan in the bedroom hasn't been on "hurricane"! It must be really difficult to feel the heat as much as she does.)

I was all geared up to race home to do more ROM this afternoon but it was raining at Latimers (again!) so I headed to Zaraffas instead. It wasn't raining there but it had been - and it never ceases to amaze me how localised the rain can be here - it often doesn't rain a couple of suburbs over - which is why I ring home to do the weather/rain check on the way to Latimers so I don't just think it has rained at home.

While I didn't get to do mowing, I did finally get the rest of the foliage detrius into the trailer and it is now almost ready to go to the tip - although I think the carob tree offcuts need to get loaded in as well, and the carpet - which will be good because we need something to keep those leaves in/on rather than leaving them strewn across the road from here to Molendinar.

We gave trivia at Advancetown Hotel a miss tonight as we are off to the Southport Golf Club for a game tomorrow night - and three games of trivia in the one week would be just too much (really!). So S cooked instead - sausages (a definite favourite of mine), little sliced oven potatoes (as she had baked the sausages), cabbage and the most wonderful tomato and onion gravy - cooked absolutely to perfection! (Thanks S.)

Since we didn't go out, I was able to do some iDevice backing up (it was time) and some music transfers although I am still trying to download some more Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons songs and get them on to a CD to use in the car since my transmitter (for hooking up the iPhone and playing it through Lars' radio) has stopped working ... I must have another look at that to see if I can find out why it's not working.

M was saying that B has a new van - which could be why he didn't bring the bins back down from the road this week - because they won't fit. I managed to get both the recycling bin and the rubbish bin back in one trip with the four-wheel drive (just beating the others to it) by throwing the recycling bin in the back and towing the rubbish bin. It would have been a better effort to walk up and pull them back but ... well, maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment