Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tuesday

M's birthday is tomorrow and there was a bit of secret birthday business tonight - printing M's "Night at the Opera" "voucher" for the joint present - which is okay to write about here because it's already happened! I was working mainly on the computer but had run into a spot of bother because I couldn't find my good paper stock - and I guess that's why we have a cat! Emma found it! When I went into the bedroom at one stage, I found Em had put herself into a plastic milk crate under the desk in our room - and when I saw here there - and she jumped out to say hello, or maybe just to get some cookies, I saw that what she was on was ... paper stock ... and the card stock I had been looking for. (Thanks Em!). So I turned the computer and printer on again and printed the card out again - finally happy with the job! Of course, it all would have been easier had M not been checking out email at her desk (just across from mine) - so I had to keep the laptop screen turned away from her or angled down in case she happened to look across - huh - suspicious - I don't think so!!!
There's still no sign of ROM - hopefully it will come back soon because it would be horrible if it turned into a jungle out there!
M and S met me for a coffee at Nerang Zarraffa's this afternoon. They had been out for part of the day with Mouse - who had been to Pacific Fair, Broadbeach and Robina today - not a bad effort - and it was at Robina that M and S met her. It was good to see them - except I hadn't realised when I suggested coffee that they had just had one with mouse - so it was good of them to come!
The furries are being very good at the moment - coming in at lockdown when they are called. Beazley has also been good (as far as I know) and managed not to be "frightened" inside the house. It was interesting to hear the vet refer to him as a "small cat trapped in a big cat's body" and he really is.

S continues her foray into knitting and has been working on her own pattern. She did finish her first dish cloth which she is planning to give to my Mum, once she's puts the finishing touches on it. Pretty clever - and amazing that only the last time I visited Jo, she was also knitting. I picked up the needles and thought about having a go - but I remembered my early knitting experiences - and stitches so tight on the needle that they couldn't be slipped off to the other needle easily which is kind of a prerequisite for knitting. S is doing much better!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment