Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wednesday

Day Two of being back on the walking machine! Now, I'm keener than ever to be back on ROM - but for it I have to take my pedometer off because if I go over bumps, it registers false steps and we can't have that.

After registering a 3 (out of 10) for the work day, it made sense that I would want to rush home to jump on ROM - I do find it very relaxing and completely mind-absorbing (I often struggle to do more than one thing at a time and trying to work out the best, efficient mowing pattern takes up most of the available space). There was a pile of bohemia tree (bohemian?) branches between ROM and I so I pulled the trailer over from the stables (much, much easier than hooking it to the four-wheel-drive for the 25-metre trip - or it would have been if the grass had been shorter!), and had just walked over to the shed to get the secateurs when S and M arrived home. Alas Bingo had not been kind to any at their table and they were not "winner are grinners" but they had been to a new shop in Southport - where nothing cost more than $ 2. 80 and they were both keen to show off their purchases including a table turntable aka a Lazy Susan and, for me, some small plastic coloured garbage bins for putting knick-knacks in (thanks S - I have been looking for something to contain my not-unimpressive bulldog clip collection at work ... and heaven knows it would be hard to have anything less than a "5" day with them around!

Then it was back to yard work - but straight on to ROM as M pointed out it was more important to do the mowing ("go around the pile of branches"). While I was doing that, M did some pruning of the carob tree in Herm's paddock (mmmm ... carob tree - but apparently it has never flowered and therefore never fruited). I didn't see if Pearl helped her ... but if she had that could have been a good way for this very wet dog to dry off. When I arrived home she was inside (resting?) and saturated - which S says is from her helping fill Herm's water!

Jobs done, M and I left S to her Wednesday night lifestyle programs as we went in to The Big House for dinner with Mouse (there was a Thai theme at Food Fantasy - aka Token Thai - ie a couple of Thai dishes scattered through the usual fare). It was good and even better when I managed a Full House at CSP (jackpot now around $ 91, 000) but I felt sorry for Mouse who had no luck at all and ended up having a very expensive "free" meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment