Saturday, June 15, 2013

Friday and the usual suspects

It was far too wet to mow this morning but it had nothing to do with the rain; it was that there been substantial dew overnight. M had been up and out the back way before anyone else; and you could see the trail her riding boots had left in the wet grass - and Pearl's paw prints besides them.

Mowing :)

Because M was up early, she heard and then went out to see the balloon over Latimers. She waved to the folk in it - they were close enough to see - and pointed them out to Pearl but she didn't seem that interested.

We made it to The Coffee Club for lunch with the girls again today. We were missing Em and of course Mi who is still overseas but we had another to make up the numbers, Az's sister who is visiting from Tusla, Bosnia.

It may not take longer to mow when the grass is wet but it certainly takes longer to clean ROM. The good thing is I was able to give myself the once over with compressed air (as well as ROM) so I was relatively clean by the time I returned to the house. And then as a reward for a job well done I sat out the back with the furries watching the sun set. It's definitely a bit cooler in the late afternoons now.

New telephone

Mouse had invited us to dinner - a rare treat - leftovers - so unfortunately there was none to bring home. And there was an added bonus: Mouse has a new telephone and that needed to be set up. It would have been easier - and able to be finished - if the line problem had been fixed - which it hasn't been yet - but at least it has been unboxed, assembled and plugged in and everything that can be done so far has been done. We'll just have to wait for the Telstra repair now.

We saw a Kangaroo on the way home - the first one for a good while. But I didn't see the police car parked along Gilston Road - was I going too fast? I hope not but I don't know for sure because I was busy talking with S about the other policeman - this one on a motorbike - who had started talking to me through the open car window on our way up Alexander Drive. It had taken me a little by surprise because S and I had been deep in conversation about the Harvest Moon, the upcoming full moon, and other moon-related moments - and yes, it is possible (and the thought horrifies me) that in the midst of all that multi-tasking I was not keeping the vehicle wholly within the lane as the Officer suggested! But at least I hadn't been talking on the phone or playing the music incredibly loudly or anything else that might have raised his suspicion like drinking or drugging! He rode off making me feel as though I had done something wrong but obviously not enough to have me on the lookout for the next police car. There do seem to be a lot of them out and about at the moment. Could it be because it's end of financial year and they're trying to reach their revenue targets?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment