Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sunday and Star Trek

Where do the nights go? I didn't think it was that late last night but when the alarm went off this morning, I could easily have rolled over and gone back to sleep for another couple of hours! I, apparently, wasn't the only one ... when I went online for the regular Sunday morning Skype call with Tr, she wasn't online. Of course, I checked my connection to make sure that there wasn't a problem at my end, turning the iPad on and off, resetting it, etc etc, but still no sign of Tr - although I did notice that a few other people, including Mi, were online. Finally, at just before 8:20, I received a text message from Tr who was just firing up the G6 ready for the call. She would still have been sleeping, she told me, except for that her partner jabbed her in the ribs and told her she'd slept in. Tr has been working fairly hard of late - alas, not achieving quite as much as she'd liked - and it does take its toll some weeks. As well as that, she'd arrived home after midnight on Thursday when she, Te and De and De (yes, their neighbours have the same name) went off to the Vivid display in Sydney. It was stunning, she said, even though they didn't see the Dr Who 50th Anniversary Spectacular on the facade of Customs House last night. She said she'd seen a clip of it on the news, and wondered how the crowd members they'd spoken to managed to look so dry, given it had been bucketing down there!

The Markets were good - although we don't seem to have won the Coffee folk's competition - I think the price was a night's accommodation at a retreat somewhere. Ah well, we won't be going there for S's birthday (which is looming now). We were a fair-sized crowd again today and conversation was lively and spirited as always. The table was back to being groaning with food - pancakes, fruit salad, cake, croissants - it's just as well we don't eat breakfast before we get there! We left early today - I was on a mission to boldly go ... to see Star Trek Into Darkness. I saw the 2D version and that was magnificent although I could see why Tr had said that the 3D version was good too ... and now I want to see it again in 3D to see some of those effects ... and to watch more closely for the Easter Eggs planted throughout the film. I haven't yet read the article on that but I think I know what one of them was ... but given the headline of the article said Easter Eggs, I have to look harder ... and immerse myself in the grandeur that is Star Trek once more before this particular incarnation leaves the big screen!

When I set out for the movies, I left S planting in her garden. The wire barricade M put up last week seems to be doing a great job in keeping the furries out and S's plants intact ... and they are definitely growing!

Dinner tonight was at Mouse's ... pumpkin soup, casserole, rhubarb. Yumm. I know I don't usually eat Pumpkin Soup, but as I've told An, another non-lover of this vegetable, Mouse's is different from the others I've tasted and is only one of the two pumpkin soups I enjoy (rather than saying I enjoy it to be polite). Sox, who has been less than well over the last little while, seems to be a bit stronger and he'd put himself up on the couch in the living area - and was accepting pats. He can get himself outside again, through the laundry door, but he hasn't yet figured out how to get back in - and when Mouse went looking for him the other day, she found him at the BBQ around the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment