Friday, June 28, 2013

Thursday and more of Mouse's cabbage rolls

Hmmm ... is that the alarm ... and is that dawn? It's been a while since I've been up to see the sun rise, but I needed to because today is the day I take M to the airport. Her plane was due to leave at 7.55 so we had a 6:40 leave from Latimers. Isn't it always the way ... it was a quick trip down there, so we were there earlier than we'd thought, but that was lucky because the line into the departure lounge was much bigger than M had expected.

When I arrived home, the furries were in various states of recline - Tinker in the heated pet bed (again ... still?), Maggie on Pearl's bed and Pearl on the rug out in the living room. That was fine ... they could relax while I did the washing ... well, that was the plan, but it started raining, so ... change of plans. (What's that ... there is an undercover drying area? Noooooooo.)

Ja, the new yard person (aka horticulturalist) came - as arranged - but she didn't stay because it was (still) raining. She went home to do her housework! Which was odd because Jenny didn't come to do ours. I had planned to, and did, spend most of the rest of the day out and was surprised when I returned to Latimers to find nothing had changed - except the cats had swapped positions!

While I was out, I found that the Nerang Shopping Centre was absolutely packed, probably because of the school holidays? I drove away the first time and came back a couple of hours later - and just managed to find a park when someone was leaving, otherwise the mail would have had to wait.

It looks like the huge potholes along the road are finally about to be fixed. The road was closed for repairs today - so we had to go right round, and while I'm hoping they're fixing the potholes, because there are men and machines along the top of the big road but they seem to be futzing with electricity poles. We'll know for certain when the road re-opens - which hopefully will be tomorrow - it was still closed when I drove home.

I don't know who was more happy with their dinner - Pearl because she was having mince, or me because I was having more of Mouse's (almost) cabbage rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment