Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Monday

I don't know why but at 3:30 this morning Tinka was scrambling around in the wardrobe. Of course I wasn't sure it was her when I went to look but I was really grateful that it was - especially as I was being very considerate and hadn't turned on the big light. I don't know how she managed to get in through all the clothes; I'm not saying that it's packed densely in there but something did come off its coathanger - and it's still hanging there.

Nap time!

Tinka came back to bed after her breakfast - but she wasn't the only one! I think it had something to do with it being on the cold and wet side here at Latimers today.

But what a busy day it turned out to be! S and I had breakfast at home while M zoomed off to do errands .... something to do with printing for her JP gig! Which reminds me, we still haven't pinned her down to get her to tell us about the sessions she sat in on at the Courthouse last week!

S and I took ourselves off to Ferry Road for a coffee (a long coffee) and then to sit by the water for a while before we picked up An to take her to the movies: Star Trek Into Darkness. As we waited we were lucky enough to see some very colourful birds - I can't remember what they're called - possibly rainbow lorikeets - the birds we didn't see when we went to Currumbin with Mu and Ze when they were out here (and doesn't that seem a while ago now!).

Rainbow Lorikeet

We had picked the 12:50 pm session of the movie -so we would have time to go home and have a quick nap (if needed) before coming back into Southport for Monday night Trivia - our first night for a month without St and Ni! There were just the four of us - Fl, An, S and I. Sy was there for dinner with us but took off before Trivia started so she could go home to do some more "jobs".

M and Mouse were off at an event at The Big House so they could not have heard the discussions about how they could both be encouraged to come along to Trivia to help make up the team in Ni and St's absence (Ni comes back for one night in July, but they are really both away until September) and in Fl's absence - he's not able to come now for a few weeks. Sy has offered to step in - gratefully accepted - but we are still in need of some popular culture help (Mouse?) and another good all-rounder (M or perhaps Ma who originally expressed an interest in filling the Trivia void?)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment