Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday and winter woollies!

It is another glorious day here on the Gold Coast which makes it even more incredible that there was a woman at the Benowa shopping centre wearing a woolly winter coat! It was hard to miss, too, because it was bright blue!

It turned out to be quite a busy day with everything that needed to be fitted in including bingo and breakfast and a blood test. Luckily, the responsibilities were split so I was the only one off at 7.15 for a blood test. I hope the others slept in, or at least didn't rush out and just eased into the day - and even more so since M revealed that she had been up until after 1 this morning catching up with unwatched television programs. I'm not sure how she can do that and still stay awake for Bingo, but stay awake she did - so she saw Anita win a line - the only win for the group today, Em wasn't there - she was with Be as she, Be not Em, and Fl fly out this evening.

FI was fairly busy trying to get everything organised and done - and one of my jobs for the day was to help him set up email on his new iPad. I was stunned it went as well as it did, given how little time we had before we were due to meet up with the others for lunch at Daniel Stuart's. S and An had the Asian style pumpkin soup - quite amazing since An doesn't usually like pumpkin soup ... but she liked this one, because it wasn't!

l gave An a lift home as M, S, Fl and Mouse went off to do whatever they do post-Bingo lunch. Fl was hopefully off to get his travel money changed before the bank closed because he was starting to run out of time.

Sy had phoned early this morning, offering to take up my new trousers. From this I gathered that their kitchen is now finished and she is bored and looking for projects - and trust me, I am not one to look a gift seamstress in the mouth! I could tell my pants were in good hands when she asked if I preferred thin or wide hems; and with such a direct question she took me unawares and I blurted out that it was something I'd never really thought about! And probably never will again!

The painter is hard at work at their place and I meant to, but will have to next time, take a photograph of the missing scaffolding and the new whizz-bang chandelier! Very impressive.

Back at Latimers, attentions have again turned to the exterior and M had Ja the horticulturalist visit to recommend some garden action. M must have liked the proposals because Ja will be coming back next week to start the new garden regime. That includes cutting some bad bits out of the lemon tree - imagine how much fruit it would bear if it was totally well!

Tinka has the bed to herself tonight so hopefully she wont get too lonely or cold. S made a little nest on the bed for her - but hopefully if things are not to her liking, she will move in with M until we're back!

No comments:

Post a Comment