Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Monday and first world problems

I don't think I could have been at the Post Office any earlier this morning ... waiting for the mail to be sorted so I could swoop in and collect my package ... new styli for the iPad. I ordered them last week and had email confirmation that they were shipped last Thursday. So ... where are they? Because they weren't there! Usually they ship so quickly I don't have time to even really anticipate their arrival (aka wait more than a day before they're here!) It looks like it will have to be an early start again tomorrow! M had kindly lent me one of her styli but I will return it because I'm not to be trusted with them at present - not since I lost one and broke the tip off another in the first few days of last week .... hmm, and I'm usually much more careful with my things!

It was dry enough for M to mow Hermes' paddock today and she went out and jumped on ROM almost as soon as she and S arrived back from Aqua and lunch. She did a great job and the birds enjoyed picking over where she had mowed!

So who was it that sucked most of the fun out of Trivia? Was it me? Because I certainly wasn't in the mood for the table dynamics this evening. S and I have always said that Trivia is not about knowledge it's about group dynamics and how the players work together, whose answers they trust and why. "Trust" was missing a bit tonight - and, alas, it may have been replaced by people wanting to be "dominant" instead. And the post-mortem was back! But at the end if each round this time rather than at the end of the game - yes, that's how badly we were faring! By game-end we weren't on the podium - and we couldn't even havebseen it with binoculars!

But this is a first world problem! More concerning are the demonstrations in Turkey. I know people talk about social media and how it can be used as a tool for spreading the word and bringing about social change but it is strange to see pictures of graffiti on shops on the FaceBook pages of folk you know. They're okay but hopefully the demonstrations don't escalate because they are spreading their reach to areas not even remotely close to Istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment