Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday - Bingo and the Bolshoi Ballet

Adonit Jot Stylus

They're here ... they're here! My styli have finally arrived! I'm not sure how long they have been here though. This morning when there was still no notification in the box, I asked when someone else was swapping paper for parcel. And yes, when the AP person checked, my parcel was there! They weren't sure how the notification had been missed, and while it may be important for them from a process view, I was just ecstatic to have them ... and now I just have to wrest them from their very secure and tough packaging so I can start using them!

I was out and about early this morning ... I had an 8am appointment with a recruitment consultant in Southport. who knew there would be traffic build-ups (you can hardly call them"jams") at that time of day! I was there as scheduled though ... and waited with the staff until someone arrived with the keys to their offices!

An and I went to Bingo - to represent the table while the others were off to the Bolshoi Ballet! And a mammoth undertaking it was too. The performance went for over three hours, with two intervals. It was amazing though and they all enjoyed it. One of the things S mentioned was how quiet the dancers were (a bit like Bangara) even though there was much energetic leaping and bounding. The Bolshoi is doing two shows while they're in Australia - today was the last performance of the more traditional piece; with the other performances starting on Friday - featuring cross-dressing with traditional ballet costumes.

Pretty November Lillies

While Mouse, Em, M and S were gone, Hu called from Turkey with an update. Apparently the gas grenades are going off at the end of the street and they sit out and watch the ruckus rather than watching television although they do go inside when the gas starts burning their eyes. The are quite safe although little Ha is not content with watching and wants to go down to be with his mates in the melee.

The flowers Ne sent to thank M for helping Az with the clear out of her flat are opening and are very pretty and are certainly brightening the place up! Thank goodness S knows her botany because I just know they are flowers - not what type!

No comments:

Post a Comment