Sunday, June 30, 2013

Saturday and the dog's breakfast!

Pearl at Sisters

Saturday! And today Pearl made it to breakfast with Mouse and I at Sisters. Sisters was full ... but not of the usual cyclists... we might have been too late for them since we didn't get there until 10. No point having too early a start to the day!

Pearl seemed to enjoy the outing - and she certainly did enjoy the breakfast tidbits that fell in her direction. Mouse and I were both very careful about not giving her too much because we know that M is watching Pearl's weight. The walk afterwards around the Dog Park was good for all of us. There were a few dogs in the Park including a red cattle dog named Anzac who is a year older than Pearl - and just a little more barrel-chested, and a good example of why Pearl's weight needs to be kept in check.

It's colder here again today - a good day for being inside - which is what the furries and I have been concentrating on. It's been cold in here too but I've at least been able to put on something warmer. And to have something warm for lunch. I was totally surprised when I felt something on my leg as I was nearing the end of lunch - Pearl's chin! She had managed to restrain herself for such a long time I was truly impressed!

Blue skies!

The rains have been hanging around for the last few days but it didn't really do more than sprinkle at Latimers for most of the day. And there was even some blue sky this morning.

The girls' flight was delayed in Sydney for an hour; and then they sat on the tarmac for half an hour at Coolangatta waiting for a plane park, so it was closer to 9 when I picked them up. Up until that point I had been having a lovely time having a drink and watching a movie in the car park across the road. I had been inside the coffee shop (it was just a shame it had been closed since mid-afternoon) at the service station until it closed, but that was okay because the car park was jumping!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment