Sunday, June 16, 2013

Saturday and S's cooking

"It's like marshmallow down in the paddock" Do assured me today - so it was good he decided not to take the slasher down, otherwise it might still be there. He did a good job of weed eradication though, and that gave my mowing yesterday a bit of a lift. It's usually hard in that gap between the mow and the whipper-snipping; it makes it all look a bit scruffy.

Sy and An came to dinner tonight to have the Tagine meal Sy had requested for her birthday. S did not disappoint. She had spoken with Ni and secured advice, a recipe (book), some authentic Tagine spices from France, and ... I'm sure there was something else - and, that, together with S's grit and determination - and slaving over a hot stove for the better part of the day - made for a truly successful first Tagine attempt! Well done S! She's taking some cous cous and tagine, and crumble, to Mouse tomorrow! We just have to remember to get it out of the fridge before we go to the Markets.

It's good to know I haven't lost my competitive streak. Finally, after two years and three months, we finally played Cranium. I know how long it is because Jo gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago. Yes, I know I could have been more forceful about getting people to play it at any point during that time but I don't like inveigling people to play Board Games - but given how much I enjoyed it tonight, I may have to bring them out more often.

It was a case of trying to fnd a warm spot in the sun today - I couldn't really get warm - and the closest I managed was when I was standing in the sunshine, out of the wind. I was still cold this evening and even put my ugg boots on to try to keep my feet (and the rest of me warm). And it wasn't an aberration ... I wasn't lhe only one feeling it ... and, actually, S was the only one of the five of us tonight who wasn't feeling the cold.

The furries had all put themselves to bed by 9 o'clock - even Tinka was in. Pearl was sleeping out near us and she certainly took a little bit of convincing when An and Sy were leaving that it was time for her to get up and go out for her pre-bedtime ablutions. She didn't say no to her night-time cookies when M offered them to her though, so maybe she did see it was worth getting up for.

Otherwise it was quite a quiet day for us. M, though, managed her usual Saturday Deep Water Running, then breakfast at Ferry Rd, and out to Harbourtown with Mouse. This, I think, has reminded S that she also wants to go there at some point, especially as Target has just opened an outlet shop in the complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment