Saturday, May 7, 2011

Friday

S is not well again today and I hate to say it but she has a glorious day for it - and some washing which she managed to do as well.
Out and about this afternoon and I ended up at Emerald Lakes - of the large David statue - make that giant! It's still here and if I didn't know that all of the office where I used to work had been cleared out, I might be curious to go and have a look. Even so, part of me wants to see it empty but I guess that won't be today. Instead, I'm enjoying a coffee - and marvelling at how much busier they've become since first they opened the cart in the doorway as they waited for the shop to be fitted out. Funny that - it's almost the anniversary of when I started here and well over six months since the company found me "something else" when the project started to flounder.
The day is still as nice and if I make it home in daylight (how long does hair take?) there may be some small chores in my future.
I love the warm welcome I get on arriving home at Latimers. Pearl is usually barking (loudly) when I drive in and Tink is often lying in the driveway or near the carport entrance - sometime she moves, sometimes she doesn't - well not quickly or willingly - but she always saunters over for a pat and a "chuck under the chin" once the car is parked. And yes she is also fond of spending time on the car bonnet - although how she can stand the heat is beyond us all. And the welcome from the other furry ones - and the humans when they're home - isn't bad either.
Family and Friends Dinner tonight although if F had realised earlier he and zi might have gone to Skilled Park to watch New Zealand vs Australia (how do they work out who vs who?) but it was nice being in and watching MasterChef and eating M's very yummy cooking. There's no doubt that the woman in that family can cook!
Well, despite my best intentions, there were no jobs done last night but S and I had a lovely chat as we watched Emma have a drink and decide which of the other cats she was going to growl at - not really meaning it but just because she could.