Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday

People's perceptions vary very much. The other day on our way to Crave breakfast I was taking a second opportunity to show S an armoured vehicle in a yard along the way. The first time I had tried to point it out to her she had been distracted and missed it completely. So this time as we approached, I told her we were just about there and which direction to look in. Still she didn't see it. I didn't see how she could miss it especially as she did see the vans to the back of the yard ... which were almost like ... wait for it ... vans like the armoured cars used for transporting cash and other valuables throughout the city. Ah she was looking for that type of armoured vehicle - not a military one. When I explained that was what it was, and that it really was at the front of the yard, on the way back from Crave she actually did see it.
Did I mention that I haven't done the mowing yet. I was all ready on Saturday - the sun was shining but it wasn't too hot to be out, I had gone around and picked up everything that shouldn't be on the lawn (avocados, dog doings, toys) moved the grey water hose, filled the mower with petrol, garage door up - but when I went to start the ride-on, the battery was flat. Nothing. I was already annoyed that whoever had used it last hadn't blown the grass off it (so I knew it wasn't M or I) but to have left the key in the "on" position (headlights) and let the battery drain is just ... I wish I could think of the right word... oh wait, it's two words ... too sad! But (and thank you brother W for letting me know these exist) there is a battery charger at Latimers so we'll be able to hook it up and see if it can be brought back or whether it is too far gone and we'll need to get another battery. (I really am hoping the red light glowing in the stables tonight is the charger!)
We had dinner this evening at The Big House and - even better - because we had use of a room (thanks M) I was able to have a fantastic, hot, long bath. There is nothing in the world quite like a bath - and really no other time that I can lather up both hands and create great big bath bubbles from the soapy filmy suds suspended between them. You just have to love it and the rainbow colours reflected in them and the satisfying pop after you've gotten them as big as they will go - which depends on the quality of the lather (no shower/bath gel here) and the amount of breath control and patience you have. Good times.
The cats were also having fun - swapping around places. When we arrived home Tink was on the dining room table, Beasley was on Maggie's chair, and Maggie was ... waiting for some dinner. But they were all in and they didn't protest against the lockdown except for Tink who insisted she be let go outside because she had business to do. Unfortunately for her, any business tonight has to be done inside. Pearl took no convincing to put on her nightie and go to bed (just have to remember to take Mr Nightie off her in the morning and let her out of M's room).

No comments:

Post a Comment