Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday

Not much going on today - for me anyway. I woke up exhausted this morning and wasn't able to shake it off by the time I made it to work. After numerous dozings off there, I finally decided to give in to it and came home sick at half-time. I was pleased to see that Jenny the cleaner (who had rescheduled to today) had either already been or was not coming so I didn't have to make polite small talk and was able to topple straight into bed - where I was oblivious to the outside world until I was woken at 3.30 by M greeting the cats when she and S arrived home. They asked if I wanted a cup of tea and I said "yes thanks" but by the time it was made and carried in to the bedroom, I was already asleep again. But I did wake up in time for MasterChef - the first night of proper competition with the 24 contestants.
M had also been unwell in the morning and had not gone to work, had cancelled her appointments for the afternoon, and (sniff) not gone round to Mouses's house to collect Pearl. The only good thing about Pearl not being here (besides that she is good company for Mouse and Sox) is that we can leave Beasley's food on the floor knowing that only the other cats will eat it - which they do anyway when it is "up" and out of Pearl's reach - and we don't have to lift Beasley up to it!. Now if we could only work out which of the cats it is that has such a hard time keeping the cookies in the bowl or in their tummy!
And speaking of tummies, S made Hungarian Goulash Soup last night and it was yummy. There is enough left over for lunch tomorrow but Joan from work has texted to say she is bring in home-made Stew, so the soup may need to wait until Wednesday.
It was an early night all round last nit and everyone was in for lockdown - although we did have to call Maggie a few more times tonight. I sometimes wonder if it is a show that she puts on for her mother.