Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wednesday

Did someone say Gerni Girls? Yes, it was me but no-one seemed interested in the idea of a yellow van with large blue writing which would offer high pressure water cleaning to consumers throughout the Gold Coast and surrounds. Of course, if you could work out how to adjust the stream so it wasn't really high pressure then you could probably also do pet cleaning. Ah well ... back to the drawing board - especially since the Gerni M has seems to have one drawback for me - the handle's too short - or I could be too tall (now that would be amazing!). I don't think I did too badly on my first attempt - especially as M is such a patient teacher: low and slow, low and slow. I mentioned that this might be a new skill for my resume - M didn't seem to think so - initially at least. We didn't get the driveway finished so have left the Gerni there and will resume once we have some "descaling/mould removing" substance which M had tried to get for yesterday but three supermarkets later and still nothing!
M went off to a seminar today - not sure exactly what it was for but I think it had something to do with Justice of the Peace stuff and she met someone who was from the Coast - a Gold Coaster - who had schooled in Southport - apparently in the same era that I was there. The name wasn't familiar to me but I made a note to check with my old school buddy J who I saw tonight. She couldn't recall either - especially as the woman may have gone to school with a different surname - but it did get us thinking about the old days and looking up FaceBook to see who was on there that we could recognise. Of course, it's easier if you know their names - and how to spell them. We had little luck except were shocked to realise that Ann, who had a baby in the last school year, would have or be just about to celebrate that child's 35th birthday.
Queensland come to a standstill tonight - well, for those who weren't out and about - for the first of this year's State of Origin football games - and the first of 0prah Winfrey's three last shows ever. S watched Oprah (and the MasterChef team challenge before it) and taped them for the rest of us. I'm not sure if she saved the footy as well.
She had successfully corralled a couple of the cats by the time I got home, but both of them insisted on going out into the freezing night - and didn't come back in by our bed-time. Hopefully they will follow M in when she gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment