Monday, May 16, 2011

Sunday

It was F's last Markets before he jets off to Jordan for a fortnight to see his sister. He flies out tonight and M is going for a drive up to the airport will them to see him off and keep M company on the long drive home. I'm only guessing, but I have a feeling they won't be playing "love songs" on the way home - but it would be good if they could be listening to the Eurovision final on the drive. I'm not sure if you can still do it but years ago - longer than I care to admit - you used to be able to tune into television stations (obviously audio only) through your car radio. Many a long drive - Sydney to Toowoomba - was made more bearable by listening to English sitcoms.
The markets was good - busy again - and starting to get cooler now that the weather has changed. We were 14 or so today and were very lucky to have a selection of kristoli (thanks Mouse), organic bread and apricot jam and grapes (thanks M) and gluten-free cake (thanks A) - and they were all very wonderful. As was the coffee. There was some interesting discussion about who was going to take over F's coffee-ordering role in his absence - especially as he has the orders - and the variations to the orders - down pat. Except I'll have to change my order now since I can't say "the same as you" or "the same as F". F doesn't have the orders written down - but I thought I saw A taking notes - especially as it seems it will be her man who is in charge of the murse (man purse = kitty) until F's return.
I'd like to say we did something incredibly important after the markets but we made the usual call to JB HiFi to check (yet again) if the price has come down on Season 4 and Season 5 of Earth Final Conflict (not yet).
Back home, we settled in to some chores - finally I managed to finish the floors - and S finished off the washing - bringing in what I had put out this morning.
And speaking of the washing, we had noticed again this morning that the grey water pump is not working - not sprinkling our shower and washing water over the lawn. It looks like M will need to call the plumber in to have a look at it - M's already checked to make sure the pump's powerpoint is not faulty.
The other big news of the day is that finally my brother is on Skype. After today's call - which had a couple of teething problems which we have now ironed out - we have now set up a regular time where I will be online (before the call with T on a Sunday morning) and he can look for me there if he is awake and up for a chat.
Eurovision is over for another year, and even though it wasn't my favourite act (Croatia - with the magician changing the colour of the singer's dress), people seem to not be too critical of Azerbaijan. Look-out Baku - here comes Eurovision next year.