Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tuesday

It's time to close the windows at night. Over the past week I have been pushing the door to the outside just a little more closed each night but now even that and the new doona are not enough to keep the cold at bay. The best I can hope for at the moment is that Emma will sleep on my pillow and insulate my head [good heavens, it may just be beanie time again - socks are already on].
There is a full moon tonight and it is simply magnificent. I may have already mentioned that phases of the moon - along with daylight savings - have been concepts that sit just outside my grasp - but the other night I decided to change all that and took myself off to YouTube to see if anyone had posted a video on it- and they had- And it has worked. Now all I need is a dark room, a bright lamp, a tennis ball and my head to be able to explain what I have learned. But - finally - I get it. It enhances my appreciation of the full moon over Latimers because now when I see it I don't get sidetracked by the mechanics.