Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday

I had a late start again today (might have had just a little to do with my late night last night - I really do have to stop sleeping at my desk). S was not well again this morning and stayed home while M went off to telephone land. I sent M an encouragement text because that seemed like a nice thing to do ... and put lots of green dots after the message - not that I needed to remind her that the goal is MAPS (minimal acceptable performance?) which is represented by a green bar on the computer. (No bars on the iPhone, only dots.)
It rained a lot today here at Latimers and that meant that the mowing - which almost got done yesterday - was not even close to being tackled this afternoon.
Both Pearl and Emma are a little low-key today. We know that Emma was physically unwell during the night (thanks to S for cleaning it up) and Pearl was off her cookies but we aren't sure if that is because she is feeling unwell or because she prefers the cooking and dinners at Mouse's better than what she's offered here.
After the cat man bed was such a success - and Tink is enjoying it a lot - M has been investing in different beds for each of the animals. Pearl's bed made its appearance last night - on her bed in Mejrem's room - and she likes it very much - so much so that during today, she kept wanting to go back into the bedroom and in the end, S dragged her bed out to the living area - where she happily ignored it for most of the afternoon and camped, instead, on the couch. There is no telling where animals will want to sit though. Maggie seems to have found a secret spot to sit in. When M and I arrived home last night, Maggie was nowhere to be seen - and since it was still mostly full moon, M was sure that she would be out hunting. But this morning when I opened the door to let Tink and Beasley out, Maggie was on this side of the door as well ... she shouldn't have been, because we had made a fairly good sweep of the place to make sure she wasn't inside (before M started searching outside) ... but there she was - eager to be on her way. Which wasn't me ... but since I have found the short-cut past the roundabout roadworks at least I don't feel it's taking me a veritable age to get to work. The only problem with going in later is that the rising sun shines straight into eyes - which is how I almost came to be in the same place as the training cyclists yesterday - I swept around the corner - and I almost couldn't see them at all.
Lunch today was leftover Turkish bread from yesterday - and very yummy it was - and morning or afternoon tea would have been banana cake - but I forgot. But the yummiest of all was lunch yesterday which was what I thought was going to be chicken soup with vegetables but was actually vegetable soup with knudles (pronounced ka-noodles) which are not unlike little dumplings. If there's any left, I will have it for lunch tomorrow as well.