Thursday, February 23, 2012

Friday

Even though it wasn't Family N Friends Dinner, Mouse asked us to dinner anyway and we were all set to go until the last moment when S decided she was feeling a little unwell - and decided she wouldn't come. I was already out so she told me to keep going to Mouse's, but to bring her something home because she might beel better later - and "better" might mean "hungry".

I was out at Zarraffas at Crestwood Plaza, then tootling around Bundall and Benowa - until finally I remembered that I had wanted to drive past the sand sculptures and see how they were going on the 40-tonne one. It was the first time in a very long time (perhaps ever) that I have driven into Surfers in peak hour and I was not surprised that there were so many people around - just surprised how many of them were on the road! As well as groups being out and about for the start of a "big night out" (you could tell from what they were wearing, and from the coloured wrist bands), there were a good few people out for the marekts - and to stroll past the sculptures. The 40-tonne was visible for the road - there was no way a park was going to open up quickly - and I could see that it was not the pirate ship I had hoped for. It is a conglomeration of sand castles - very good - but not a pirate ship. in retrospect, I do realise it would have been quite an ask - especially if it had been 3D rather than as a frieze.

Dinner at Mouse's was good - a wonderful soup, followed by vereneki and stuffed capsicum, with watermelon to finish. Very yummy - and luckily there were leftovers for S. It will take me a while to forget the evening - I had parked behind the dumped car and as I walked beside it, I disturbed the bat in the tree next to it and it flapped its large wings almost close enough to touch me. It was definitely not a case of ... "Come to me creature of the night."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment