Thursday, February 23, 2012

Saturday

We decided to try a different place for breakfast today - which was good for us (variety is the spice of life they say) but not so good for Pearl because dogs aren't allowed. We ended up at the Ashmore Nursery and even though M and I had planned to go different ways to see which way was the fastest - that did happen, but by default, but she didn't keep a record of how far it was - and since we left at different times, it was impossible to tell who had won the "race". Next time. Breakfast was good though - and the coffee wasn't bad - and I would have to say it was better than raw last Saturday.

We had chosen Ashmore because it was on the way to Spotlight - where S was wanting to go so she can get some supplies for her newly-found knitting hobby. I know I say that I won't use the dish-cloth she's planning to knit but I'm sure I will give it a go at some stage.

We went almost straight home after Spotlight - it's good to spend a weekend just hanging around especially as we will be off to Toowoomba next weekend.

M arrived later in the afternoon and we finally managed to get to a job on her list ... pruning the tree out the front. My job was holding the ladder for her, and passing up the secateurs, saw or pruning shears. I did have a couple of goes with the pruning shears myself! That tree will never be the same again - but at least most of it is still there ... we didn't do the bad haircut thing - where you take off a bit this side, then that side and so on, until there really isn't that much left.

Just for a change we had Saturday night in - I was catching up on some viewing and odd jobs - until we put Homeland on to watch that. A few people have been recommending it of late and M and I wanted to see if it lived up to expectations. It wasn't bad and after the first episode none of us could tell if the returning serviceman has been "turned".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment