Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sunday

Markets Day comes around fairly fast ... and here it is again. I took the call with Tr at home today - it was only scheduled for half-an-hour because she and T had to go over to her father's place to put the finishing touches on and be ready for his 80th birthday celebrations.

We weren't exactly half-an-hour but we won't that much longer - which means I had an extra half-an-hour to spare before it was time to jump into the car and rush to the Markets. So, while I waited, I got some carrots and fed them to Hermes, and took Pearl for a walk down the lane to B's shed. Dolly, when she saw us, started to gallop over but Holly was faster and cut her off and shepherded her back to the far side of the paddock. Pearl didn't seem to mind and concentrated on getting to the shed - only so she could turn around and go back. I suspected that she might have known that M had prepared her breakfast and it was waiting for her at home.

Mi's sister is over from New Zealand at the moment - which is why she had posted on FaceBook that they were at the beach - before 8am. They had gone for a swim and a walk - and were quite hot by the time they arrived back at the Markets. R and her husband, E, are lovely and I was surprised that E kept getting up from the table to have a wander around the markets - coming back with a good deal on cucumbers, plus bananas and something else which I can't remember.

We didn't tarry out again and went straight home after the Markets. I had been thinking about mowing but, feeling a little off-colour, I decided to spend the time on/with the television instead - with S and the furries for company!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment